RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter
by Julie Kagawa
Release Date: Published August 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen
Series: The Iron Fey #2
Pages: 359
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N


Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

*Summary taken from Goodreads


My Review:


I can't say enough about this book, It's just so GOOD! I'm completely falling in love with the series. Being the second book, it just picks up where it lefts off in the first book. I feel that there is a lot more drama going on in this book than in the first one. There is a lot more going on with Meghan in this book, that she really has to make a choice of whether to be with Ash or Robin. I will definitely be confused as well if I was her. I mean, they are both great and mischievous, that it makes it difficult to pick one of them. The war between the Iron Fey and the seasons starts to heat up as the story unfolds. There are new characters that definitely make their way into the story just to fill it out with more twists and turns! In this particular book Meghan discovers more secrets and the things that she is able to do in order to protect those that she loves. Although she doesn't fully develop as a character, she is still learning to cope with the events that are happening around her.
Towards the ending, I couldn't put it down. I just had to know what was going to happen to Meghan and Ash. Overall, it was an excellent book! I loved it and can't wait to read the next book. :)



My Ratings:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D